Admitted to the Athens Bar in the Supreme Court.
Assistant Professor of Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure at the Law School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
- Received his law degree at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
- Received his Ph.D. in Criminal Law at the University of Cologne (Germany).
- Completed postdoctoral research in Criminal Law and Legal Theory at Queen Mary College - University of London.
- Qualified attorney since 1992.
- Faculty Associate at the Law Faculty of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens since 1999.
- A Lecturer of Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure at the Law School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens since 2002.
- An Assistant Professor of Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure at the Law School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens since 2014.
- A member of the Board of Directors of the Greek Criminal Law Society
- A member of the Hellenic Criminal Bar Association.
- Member of the International Advisory Board (Internationaler Beirat) of the Society for supporting the Institute of Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure of the University of Cologne (Verein zu rFörderung des Instituts für Strafrecht und Strafprozessrecht der Universität zu Köln).
- A former member of the Special Legislative Commission on the drafting of the new Greek Penal Code.
- Has also given numerous lectures at congresses and colloquia with Criminal Law as subject matter and has translated in Greek numerous lectures and papers of German Scholars.
- Criminal liability issues regarding debt arrangement (art. 65 L. 4472/2017). With reference to fundamental issues of criminal liability for fraud by abuse of position regarding restructuring of bank loans, "Poinika Chronika" 2018, pp. 337-353.
- Commentaries of articles 7 and 97 of the Greek Constitution,in: Commentary of the Constitution (Ed. F. Spyropoulos/X. Kontiadis/Ch. Anthopoulos/G. Gerapetritis), 2017, pp. 163-186, 1516-1537
- The element of threat in the offence of blackmail , 2014 (pp. XI +281).
- The offence of illicit enrichment (art. 4 L. 3213/2003). With reference to art. 19 & 20 of the United Nations Convention against Corruption , "PoinikaChronika" 2013, pp. 489-508. Also published in the volume with the proceedings of the 6th conference of the Hellenic Criminal Bar Association: "The criminal treatment of bribery", 2013, pp. 215-269.
- Reflections on the special legislative provisions concerning civil action. Simultaneously, observations regarding the future of the institution towards a purely criminal nature of the action , "Poinika Chronika" 2010, pp. 529-540. Also published in the volume with the proceedings of the 5th conference of the Hellenic Criminal Bar Association: "Special procedural arrangements. Modernization or weathering of the criminal procedure?", 2010, pp. 69-96.
- Recent developments in the jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights on entrapment and its effects on Greek jurisprudence, Essays in honor of Prof. Anna Psarouda - Benaki , 2008, pp. 791-819. Also published in "Poinika Chronika" 2008, pp. 594-605.
- The relationship of criminal proceedings and media. Emphasizing on the issue of televised criminal trials , in: Human Rights and Criminal Law (ed. L. Kotsalis / G. Triantafyllou), 2007, pp. 239-270.
- Fundamental issues of Criminal Food Law , in: Food Safety and the Law. Aspects of Greek, European & International Law (Ed. Ant. Bredimas), 2007, pp. 101-120.
- Commentaries of articles 45, 46, 47, 49 of the Greek Criminal Code and part of the introductory observations on articles 45-49 of the Criminal Code , in: Systematic Commentary of the Criminal Code, articles 1-133 (Ed. Dion. Spinellis), 2005, pp. 682-781, 782-796 (new edition - 1st ed. 1998).
- The application of the principle nullum crimen nulla poena sine lege praevia on the continuous crimes. The problem of the "retroactive" application of article 187 para. 1 of the Criminal Code , Essays in honor of Prof. Nikolaos K. Androulakis, 2003, pp. 107-141.
- Corporate Criminal Liability. Introduction to the problematic , in: Contemporary issues of Corporate Liability, Proceedings of the 12th pan-Hellenic conference of Greek Commercial Law, 2003, pp. 649-693.
- The nullity of not announcing the criminal charge during the preliminary investigation of a crime, "Poinikos Logos" 2001, pp. 649 - 693.
- The civil action according to the draft of the New Criminal Procedure Code , "Poinika Chronika" 1995, pp. 1141-1172.
- The right of citizens to arrest the offender of flagrant crimes (art. 275 of the Code of Criminal Procedure), "Poinika Chronika" 1998, pp. 545-560.
- Der Zweifel an der Rechtswidrigkeit der Tat. Eine Untersuchung zur Problematik des bedingten Unrechtsbewußtseins (Doctoral Thesis), Berlin, Duncker & Humblot, 1992 (pp. XI +194).